Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DVR Proof


The Huebner family hasn't been big American Idol fans in the past. At the end of last season my son and I started watching as David Cook won. He still knows who David Cook is and loves his song.

So this year we started watching it from the beginning and have had a lot of fun. It's a show we can watch together that's not Spongebob, Johnny Test or Pokemon. We get to watch a family friendly show together and I get to keep what's left of my sanity.

The thing I have realized - from an advertising standpoint - is that we are not DVRing this show. We watch it live. While DVRs are on the rise, there are definitely shows that are DVR-proof. This is one in our household. At 7:00 we are on the couch ready to cheer on Milwaukee's own Danny Gokey.

What are your favorite family shows?

No comments: